BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The First's the Worst

That little phrase has a lot of truth...especially when it comes to certain aspects of pregnancy. So much is unexpected and your body has not gone through these changes previously. It's quite an adventure. I didn't expect my first visit to the OBGYN to follow the same pattern, but, alas!, it was one of the worst I will probably have (barring unexpected problems in my pregnancy!).
I went to the OBGYN's office this morning fully expecting certain things such as attempts to hear the baby's heartbeat, etc. What I wasn't expecting was to receive a full examination, pap smear and all. I had a pap smear once before (right before my wedding), but unfortunate timing lead to an unreadable result. Pucha! This being the case, I did not expect to have a pap smear TODAY by my male OBGYN in front of my husband. Truly, though, the situation wasn't uncomfortable...just the procedure and the following feelings of physical invasion. Other than the pap smear, the visit included Dr. Merrill informing me of several things, asking me questions about lifestyle and such (and the subsequent conclusion that I am 'boring'), a failed attempt to hear the baby's heartbeat, a visit to the nurse, a bag of free goodies, and a visit to the person who Dr. Merrill referred to as the "vampire". I think Isaac was more freaked by the experience than I. Luckily the next visit on the first week in December will be very relaxed compared to this one. Hallelujah.

1 comments:

ecometrochic said...

Meh, lets face it. Boring is best. I personally find boring to be highly attractive as opposed to "oh, its you again Amy! Nurse, I know Amy. You've got to watch her; she's trouble." Oh, yes. Boring has a very nice ring to it after all:).