BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Brr...and Metallic Mouth

Has anyone noticed that the weather has gotten totally COLD today? I'm freezing my tootsies off. I thought I would be warmer...being pregnant. It's a mixed blessing that I am not. I have discovered that getting over-heated aggravates my morning sickness. Take for example this morning at the 7 a.m. sealing session in the Jordan River Temple. I was over-heated and kneeling on the altar proved to be too much for my pregnant tummy! At least I was blessed to worship and serve in the Lord's house for a few minutes. I have had a rough day of it in general with feeling woozy. I'm hoping this is the peak of morning sickness and that from here I'll start feeling better.
So, two days ago I made homemade cookies on a whim and they are delicious. The only problem is that eating the cookies with milk coordinated with the next phase of pregnancy symptoms...metallic mouth. Yup. Half the food I eat any more leaves a metallic flavor in my mouth following my munchings and crunchings (I've been reading The Book of Three lately...if you know the book, you'll know the reference). I have resorted to purchasing mint-flavored gum and chewing said gum after eating to kill the after taste. I really don't care for gum, but this has been a good thing so far.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Gum was the only way I survived the metallic taste I had with my second pregnancy....